How to Apply
You can apply via the Get Into Teaching website
Complete all sections of the application form taking great care to provide detail and compelling information convincing us of your suitability to train to teach.
Completing your application
When completing your application you will need to consider why you want to be a teacher and your suitability to teach a subject and age range.
You can include:
- your interest in the subject or age group
- the demands and rewards of teaching
- the personal qualities that would make you a good teacher
- how you could contribute to a school outside of the classroom
- any past experience working with children or young people, and what you learnt
- your thoughts on welfare and education
- the subject of your undergraduate degree and modules studied
- postgraduate degrees (for example, a Masters or PhD)
- your A level subjects
- expertise you’ve gained at work
As a general guide, we suggest you:
- provide details of any other roles you have held working with children or young people such as a teaching assistant or volunteering at youth or sports clubs
- organise your information so that it is clear and easily accessible for the reader
- proofread your application including checking for spelling and grammatical errors
Follow these simple guidelines and you should put yourself in a good position to be invited to interview.
George Abbot SCITT ensures that there is equality of opportunity for all applicants in accordance with national legislation and its own aim, which is to achieve the widest recruitment into teaching.
Give us a call