Interviews are held regularly throughout the year. Applications may close for individual subjects once they are fully recruited.
Once shortlisted for interview you will be required to:
- gather your original Maths and English GCSE and degree certificates
- prepare a short teaching task
Our interviews take place at George Abbot School and will include:
- formal interview
- short teaching task
- English and Maths written test
- ID and certificate verification
The interview process is designed to assess suitability to teach and will focus on the applicant’s:
- commitment to the teaching profession and improving the lives of young people;
enthusiasm for their chosen subject and a capacity to inspire learners;
- awareness of current educational issues;
- intrinsic passion for learning;
- commitment to own professional development;
- good organisational and communication skills;
- ability to establish effective relationships with both pupils and adults;
- flexibility and a willingness to act upon advice;
- readiness for hard work;
- ability to communicate in English competently, confidently and clearly to a level that facilitates good quality communication with pupils, parents and colleagues both orally and through writing.
After the interview we will inform you of the outcome within 72 hours.
Give us a call