Interviews are held regularly throughout the year. Applications may close for individual subjects once they are fully recruited.
Once shortlisted for interview you will be required to:
- complete an online Maths and English Test
- gather your original GCSE and degree certificates
- prepare a presentation
Our interviews take place at George Abbot School and will include:
- a formal interview
- your presentation
- group task
- ID and certificate verification
The interview process is designed to assess suitability to teach and will focus on the applicant’s:
- commitment to the teaching profession and improving the lives of young people;
enthusiasm for their chosen subject and a capacity to inspire learners;
- awareness of current educational issues;
- intrinsic passion for learning;
- commitment to own professional development;
- good organisational and communication skills;
- ability to establish effective relationships with both pupils and adults;
- flexibility and a willingness to act upon advice;
- readiness for hard work;
- ability to communicate in English competently, confidently and clearly to a level that facilitates good quality communication with pupils, parents and colleagues both orally and through writing.
After the interview we will inform you of the outcome within 72 hours.