The interview is your opportunity to demonstrate passion for teaching and your subject/phase specialism
Interviews are held regularly between November and June to meet the prescribed timescale for providers to process applications. Places are offered throughout the year so applications will close for individual subjects once they are fully recruited.
Candidates invited to interview will be asked to complete a Supplementary Application Form which must be returned prior to the interview together with a passport photo and copies of exam certificates.
A rigorous selection and interview process is undertaken so that only candidates with excellent subject knowledge and natural aptitude for teaching enter the programme.
This year, interviews will take place online via Zoom. The interview should take around 30 minutes and the panel will be comprised of two members of the SCITT team and possibly a member of staff from a potential placement school. Candidates will be expected to either deliver a short presentation or run through an idea for a lesson that they have devised. Interviews will be recorded.
The interview process is designed to assess suitability to teach and will focus on the applicant’s:
- commitment to the teaching profession and improving the lives of young people;
enthusiasm for their chosen subject and a capacity to inspire learners;
- awareness of current educational issues;
- intrinsic passion for learning;
- commitment to own professional development;
- good organisational and communication skills;
- ability to establish effective relationships with both pupils and adults;
- flexibility and a willingness to act upon advice;
- readiness for hard work;
- ability to communicate in English competently, confidently and clearly to a level that facilitates good quality communication with pupils, parents and colleagues both orally and through writing.
George Abbot SCITT, and all its partner schools, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and selects Graduates on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability or age.
Give us a call